SMP Resource Center
Created in September 2003 with funding from the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL), Administration on Aging (AoA), the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) National Resource Center serves ACL’s 54 Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) programs located throughout the country, including the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The SMP Resource Center also promotes national visibility for the SMP program and helps the general public locate their state SMP project.
Services Provided to the General Public
- Nationwide toll-free number: 877-808-2468. Available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Callers receive information about the SMP program and are connected to the SMP in their state for individualized assistance. This number is published in the Medicare & You handbook and other national Medicare and anti-fraud publications that reference the SMP program.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will return calls and emails in a timely fashion – no later than 2 business days.
- SMP Locator: Online tool to locate the SMP in each state
Direct Services Provided to SMPs
- Promotes SMP networking and the sharing of best practices
- Provides education and information about health care fraud, error, and abuse
- Develops new products and tools for use by the national SMP network
- Supports the national SMP performance measures and the SMP Information and Reporting System (SIRS)
- Provides training and technical assistance to SMPs
SMP National Resource Center, Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, 3840 W. 9th St., Waterloo, Iowa 50702
Resource Center Staff
- Abby Batterson: SMP Resource Center SMP Interactive Media Manager. Manages, maintains, and develops resources for social media; coordinates, creates, and/or reviews the development of national videos, media tutorials, and micro-learning materials; manages the national mobile application and coordinates/updates content; manages website oversight and updates; develops media kits.
- Ashley Wilson:SMP Resource Center Assurance and Relations Manager. Manages SMP Resource Library users, resources, and SMP contact lists; manages the Center toll-free number and emails sent to the national email@example.com; manages new director mentor program processes and diversity, equity, and inclusion projects; tracks and manages and grant financials and reporting.
- Heather Flory: SMP Resource Center Training Manager. Coordinates and hosts Center-sponsored web events; coordinates development and updates of volunteer training manuals, kits, self-paced training, and other resources; implements training for the SMP data reporting system and other national initiatives; answers training questions.
- Maureen Patterson: SMP Resource Center Editorial Manager. Manages all editing and review efforts of publications, resources, and all Center content; creates and edits news on Center platforms; maintains partnerships with outside contributors and contributes articles on timely topics to their publications.
- Nicole Liebau: SMP Resource Center Director. Manages the Center’s coordinated efforts with the Administration for Community Living; promotes national SMP visibility and exhibits at national conferences; provides technical assistance in developing written materials, webinars, and other Center products; manages the new director mentor program; coordinates the SMP Monthly Networking Calls; provides one-on-one assistance with conflicts of interest and responds to emails sent to OHICresourceCenters@nei3a.org.
- Sara Lauer: SMP Resource Center Systems Manager. Provides one-on-one assistance with the SMP data reporting system and responds to emails sent to SIRS@smpresource.org; answers questions about SMP performance measures and complex interactions; responds to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; provides one-on-one assistance with TRAX: Training Tracker and responds to emails sent to TRAX@smpresource.org; assists in developing and updating training manuals, kits, self-paced training, and other resources.
This website is maintained by the SMP Resource Center at Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging (NEI3A), Waterloo, Iowa. The SMP Resource Center is a grantee of the Administration for Community Living (ACL).